Many of our peer institutions have developed exemplary materials used to guide their faculty recruitment processes.
On this page are links to some of these resources including the following:
- Stanford University offers its Guide to Recruiting and Retaining an Excellent and Diverse Faculty at Stanford.
- The University of Michigan, in conjunction with the National Science Foundation ADVANCE Program, has produced a Faculty Recruitment Handbook. This Handbook describes best practices, from initiation through evaluation, for a complete faculty search.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Faculty has prepared a Search Committee Handbook.
- The University of Wisconsin at Madison has a Women in Science and Engineering Leadership Institute (WISELI) which includes much information on recruiting and hiring faculty. In particular, they have a very helpful brochure on reviewing applicants.
The American Association for University Professors (AAUP) has a number of papers and reports regarding guidelines for faculty recruitment and appointment including:
- Resources on Appointments, Promotions, and Discipline
- The AAUP Statement on Recommended Practices for Increasing the Numbers of Women and Minorities on College and University faculties.